ReadathonbuttonlgMid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?
The Heart Is Not A Size by Beth Kephart
2. How many books have you read so far?
One, total…I’ve been doing more cheering than reading.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison and Where Teddy Bears Come From by Mark Burgess Illustrated by Russell Ayto (with the kiddos)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I tried, but we are visiting family and I’m doing more visiting and cheering than reading. Still having a blast though!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yep, just deal with it and try to jump right back into what I was doing.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How little I’ve been able to read, but that’s not that big of a surprise…really.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope, loving it so far. Most of the improvements would be for me personally and not the read-a-thon itself.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Set up in advance more by myself time. Even go as far as set up things for kiddos and hubby to do. Although I have been reading with the kiddos off and on.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nope…getting ready to get going for more!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Enjoy it! Have fun and take breaks. Get to know some of the other participants too, you may just find a new great friend!
Back to Cheerleading! I can’t wait to see what everyone has been up to!
Tagged with →

24 Responses to Mid-Way Point Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

1. Vasilly says:

I hope you’re able to get some reading in during the second half of the read-a-thon. Good luck and happy reading!
    .-= Vasilly´s last blog ..On Your Mark, Get Set, Read! =-.

2. Book Psmith says:

I am always surprised by how little I get read too. You are doing great! Best wishes for the second half:)

3. Cathy says:

Thanks for cheering and participating, even while you are with your family!

Happy Reading!
    Cathy
    .-= Cathy´s last blog ..Halfway point! =-.

4. MillyMarie says:

I need to pick up Where Teddy Bears Come From sounds adorable. :D Hope your enjoying the read a thon and that the cheering is going great! I loved for sure seeing your comment at my blog. Cheered me up.

I also need to prepare more time in advanced in setting up for myself. Good tips.
    .-= MillyMarie´s last blog ..Hour’s 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. Finished Book #2. =-.

5. softdrink says:

And you’re a winner this hour! Woo-hoo!!!
    .-= softdrink´s last blog ..Reading Makes My Brain Sing =-.

6. Kihana says:

CONGRATULATIONS for winning~ XD

And, YAY for cheering~ XDD

Actually, I admit I’m surprised too at how little I’m getting read. XD But, I’m having a blast cheering, so fair exchange. ;)

But still, there’s about half a day more. Let’s get some reading in~ ;)

More fun, here we come~ XDD

Kihana
    .-= Kihana´s last blog ..Reading now… =-.

7. Tammy Dahle says:

Just dropping in to say hi to fellow read-a-thoner! Alas I’m not reading much but sure having fun buzzing around to say hi to everyone!
    Have a great rest of the night!
    .-= Tammy Dahle´s last blog ..Dewey’s 24 Hour Read A Thon!! =-.

8. Good thoughts! Hope you’re enjoying your time reading and cheering!
    .-= melissa @ 1lbr´s last blog ..Towels and Ladies =-.

9. Kihana says:

Hey! I’m back… again! XDD

Just wanted to congratulate you on winning Reader of the Hour~ XD

And, I’m hoping you’re getting more reading done than I am! XDD At least I’m getting closer to cheering everyone on my list. XP

Few more hours to go~

Kihana
    .-= Kihana´s last blog ..Reading now… =-.

10. Cindy says:

That where Teddy bears Comes from looks so cute! I collect bears and will have to give it a look at. Thank you for the suggestion! Keep up the reading!
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Star Shadow Mini Challange: Friend Turned Lovers Challange =-.

11. Alex says:

Same here; more cheering than reading, but it’s really fun, isn’t it? Anyway, hope you’re having a blast! Happy reading!

12. Esme says:

I have never really read during the read a thon-cheering is much more fun.
    .-= Esme´s last blog ..I’m Bored: Weekend Cat Blogging =-.

13. Michelle says:

I’m glad you’re still enjoying it. Stay strong and keep on reading!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Read-a-thon Hour 19 =-.

14. sprite says:

Keep it up! You can do it!
    .-= sprite´s last blog ..into the stacks: savvy =-.

15. Stopping by to say hi! Hope all is going well with the reading. =O)
    .-= Michelle @ The True Book Addict´s last blog ..Read-a-Thon intro meme =-.

16. Dreamybee says:

I’m having a hard time getting any actual reading done either, but I’m having a good time. I hope you are too! happy Reading!
    .-= Dreamybee´s last blog ..Read-a-Thon Hour 4 Mini Challenge =-.

17. Shelly Burns says:

You’ve been an awesome cheerleader! Hope you’ve managed to get some reading done too.

18. Sounds like you are being very production!!! I hope that you are enjoying yourself

19. Melissa E. says:

Your almost there just a few more hours.

20. Callista says:

Hello Reader of the Hour! I love your blog design, very nice! Hope you’re getting some reading done now!

21. Iris says:

Oh, I’ve read so many great things about “The Heart is not a Size”, I hope you enjoy it!

Have a happy read-a-thon for the last couple of hours.
    .-= Iris´s last blog ..Read-a-Thon Update #2 =-.

22. Valerie says:

Hope the second half of the readathon went well for you! I also hope you enjoyed what reading and participation you got to do.
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Read-a-thon Hour 16 =-.

23. Care says:

oh, Kephart is great, isn’t she? :)
    Happy Readathon, CHEERS!
    .-= Care´s last blog ..Read-A-Thon MidPoint Spring 2010 =-.