We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post right here.

I know, some of you are skeptical about putting yourself out there on the internet and I completely respect that. That’s the entire reason I have no desire to ever reveal the “real” names of The Turkeybird and Littlebug. In time, once they’re old enough, if they chose to do that on their own I will respect their decision. So, if ever during the time I’m doing this meme do you feel the question is just too personal for your liking, feel free to post something else, I never want anyone to feel uncomfortable with what they share and I promise it will always be “kid-friendly”. I mean, this is a primarily children’s and young adult site, you know?

So, let’s get started!

This Weeks Question: What is one thing you are really NOT good at?

I have one major fault. One that everyone in my family and many of my extended group of friends notice almost immediately. Without a doubt I have a terrible time saying the word “NO”. It’s even been pointed out recently how many online events I’ve been involved with. A lot of the time it’s because I just can’t seem to say a simple two letter word, and instead opt for the much more complicated three letter word:

To be completely honest, I love love love saying “yes”. I love helping others and absolutely adore being “part” of something outside of the daily routine I find myself in. Not that I don’t love my routine, it’s just nice to have something that’s just for me. You know? See, before I had children, I worked almost non-stop and often at a minimum of 60 hours a week. Not to mention the outside activities I was involved in with church and otherwise. I just love being involved. I live for the crowd, the discussion, and the friends! It’s all just too much to pass up. And definitely to a fault because recently I’ve been seeing a bit of this when I look up to my computer screen:

Not to mention a bit of this in the corner of my bedroom:

(Not my actual shelves, I wish!)

So, yes, things have been a bit chaotic and I’m constantly on the lookout for the next fun thing to be involved with but I live for it. I’m slowly making more time for other things, like my sewing and quilting I need to finish up on, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have been working on a “schedule” that seems to be helping quite a bit. But as for this small little fault, I’m not sure it’s going anywhere any time soon.

So yeah, have an event you need help with? I’m your gal!

Now, your turn! Link up below and tell everyone “A Bit of You!”

Next Week’s Question: What is your favorite smell and why? Does it bring back memories?
Have a question to add? I’d love some suggestions! Just leave them in the comments and I’ll see about adding them in as we go!

Also, feel free to grab either of the buttons for your own “A Bit of Me(Me)” post (or create your own), but make sure to link back to There’s A Book. (You can also resize these down to a smaller size if you’d like.)

Tagged with →

25 Responses to A Bit of Me(Me) – One Thing You’re No Good At

1. This is a great meme, such a great way of getting to know other bloggers. Not being able to say no – sounds familiar to me.;) Good post.

2. NotNessie says:

Ah, the fatal “yes” addiction. I hear ya!

3. Melissa says:

Hmm…I hadn’t thought of not being able to say “No” when I was searching for my faults, but yes, it has plagued me in the past. While I think that it is a trap that I sometimes fall into, even now, I can say that I have greatly curbed this problem. My employer told me a few years ago that I needed to be able to say what was too much for me sometimes, and now I do, because doing otherwise just led to unnecessary stress in the past. (Of course, it doesn’t mean that my boss always listens).

4. Chaos seems to be a familiar theme! Mine is somehow related to chaos, too, but with a slightly different twist.

Love your descriptive photos!

Here’s my post:

5. Such fun posts! Saying yes is such a lovely thing to be bad at. 🙂

6. Hi all…this is my first Saturday’s A Bit Of Me and know it won’t be my last. I found you via A Room Without Books Is Empty. Thank you for hosting. You can find what I am not good at here. Have a great weekend.
    CMash

7. Jennifer G. says:

I became good at saying no when I started my current job over 10 years ago! My supervisor will work us to death if we let her, so it only took a few months for me to learn to say, “No, I have plans and can’t cover the shift. You’ll have to ask someone else.” I think she respects that a little bit, actually, as long as we pitch in occasionally.

But you meet all kinds of people and find new events to take part in all the time, so there’s something to be said for yes!

I loved answering this question!

• I’m so glad you loved answering this one! It was a little tough, narrowing it down to just one, but it has been fun seeing everyone else’s answers.

I think my last job was a lot like yours there, except I never learned the saying no thing. At the time though, I had no other obligations and my hubby was in school. We needed the money and I enjoyed it. So, it started a habit in me of becoming over-obligated. Oh well! Like you said, I love meeting all the people and participating so much!

8. Ah, yes I have this problem too. It was particularly sticky when a boy I didn’t much like would ask me out week after week and I just kept saying yes. Especially because I knew I was leading him on. If you ever learn the trick, let me know!

9. Not being able to say no is definitely an issue for me, but it’s not what I chose to list as my fault.

I probably should have…But oh wait, I have a party to get ready for where I only know two people and uh…yeah.

10. SenoraG says:

I have only recently learned to say no and it’s not easy. I over-extend myself all too often.

Sorry I didn’t see this BEFORE I emailed asking for your help! LOL

I Stink

11. Amused says:

I have to work on saying yes to everything too! Sometimes it’s just so much easier though, well for everyone else!

12. Gwen says:

Did I actually spend so much time making sure that I commented on everyone’s posts that I forgot yours? SORRY!

Maybe we could start a quilting bee, I haven’t sewn in months. Oh wait, I don’t want you to feel pressured into having to say “yes” once again!

13. Tif says:

Ha!! This all sounds too familiar!!

14. […] you all know, I can’t say no. Well, this isn’t entirely true, I can, but I really really enjoy helping others. It’s […]