We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post right here.

I know, some of you are skeptical about putting yourself out there on the internet and I completely respect that. That’s the entire reason I have no desire to ever reveal the “real” names of The Turkeybird and Littlebug. In time, once they’re old enough, if they chose to do that on their own I will respect their decision. So, if ever during the time I’m doing this meme do you feel the question is just too personal for your liking, feel free to post something else, I never want anyone to feel uncomfortable with what they share and I promise it will always be “kid-friendly”. I mean, this is a primarily children’s and young adult site, you know?

So, let’s get started!

This Weeks Question: What is your favorite candy bar?

I guess this is proof that I actually do think about these questions from time to time. Hehe. Because of course it’s Halloween and what better time to talk about our favorite candy bar than now? So, because I can hardly narrow it down lets get started!

I’m a chocolate fiend, really. Definitely not one of the fruity type candies that my kids seem to lean towards.  My top choices would have to be:

Baci, I mean, who could resist hazelnut chocolate coated in divine dark chocolate? Delicious! They also have a cute little saying inside each one about love, kind of like a love fortune cookie. SO so cute!

Next would definitely be a “real” candy bar. Kit Kat‘s have long been my favorite. There’s just something about them that makes them irresistible though I’m sure they aren’t the very best thing for my waist line. Hehe. My favorite would be the off-shoots the pop up from time to time, like carmel and white chocolate Kit Kat, oh my! And while you’re at it take a look at this very funny UK based commercial, hilarious!

Last but not least…my old nemesis…See’s Candies.

Yes, I know it’s not really a candy bar, but close enough. And when I really want to indulge it’s this fantastic chocolate treat that does the job. My favorite pieces would be Dark Chocolate Bordeaux’s or Milk Chocolate Butterscotch Square filled with firm brown sugar. Oh my! I know, so so not good for anyone looking to stay on a diet, but oh well! That’s not what this post is about.

Now, your turn! Link up below and tell everyone “A Bit of You!”

Next Week’s Question: Have you ever seen a broadway musical? Do you like theater?

Have a question to add? I’d love some suggestions! Just leave them in the comments and I’ll see about adding them in as we go!

Also, feel free to grab either of the buttons for your own “A Bit of Me(Me)” post (or create your own), but make sure to link back to There’s A Book. (You can also resize these down to a smaller size if you’d like.)

Tagged with →

12 Responses to A Bit of Me(Me) – Bring Out Your Trick-or-Treat Bowls!

1. Holly says:

I really like Crunch but I’m not too picky and will likely eat any choc around :)

2. Kristen M. says:

Oh, Sees. I’m addicted to the Dark California Brittle and the Scotchmallows. Sadly, they like to package those in tidy little bags now so that you can just buy big wads of them. I’m never going to be thin!

3. ooooooooooooooooo I think I’ve had Baci. They are lovely.

My favorite? Carmelo :)

4. mmmmm Perugira…delicious

5. Oh, I do love chocolates of almost any kind…See’s are some I haven’t had in ages, but back in the day, I used to get a box of those every Christmas.

6. Tasha says:

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of the Baci candy. As for the assorted candies, I’ve never been a fan. I always seem to get a lot of the ones I don’t like and never enough of the ones I do like in the box. But I only tend to run into those around Christmas and Valentine’s.

7. Lynn says:

Oh, Baci! I’d forgotten about them! They _are_ good, but then I’m a sucker for anything chocolate with hazelnuts.

8. Gwen says:

I have never heard of Baci, but count me in with anything that pairs up hazelnuts and chocolate.
    (looking at the comment above me, it seems like I copied. I swear, I didn’t read that until after I typed!)

The youngest has been working at Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory, so I have become addicted to caramel apples with lots of chocolate and nuts!

9. I love chocolate too, it was my pick as well! But I despise hazel nuts, so we’re at odds there…or maybe we’re a perfect match – you could eat all the nutty candies ;)

Finding pictures for this one made me super hungry, lol.

10. I’m a cocoholic so hard to go wrong but my favorites are kit kats and butterfingers.

11. NotNessie says:

I confess to picking all the kitkats out of my kid’s candy last Halloween. Those things are stinking addictive! I’m trying to behave this year, though the siren call of the candy stash is luring me even as we speak.

12. Gina says:

Candy candy candy candy candy candy! Nice choices there….one of my favorites would have to be Dove milk chocolate. I’m a purist, what can I say. ^_^