We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post right here.

I know, some of you are skeptical about putting yourself out there on the internet and I completely respect that. That’s the entire reason I have no desire to ever reveal the “real” names of The Turkeybird and Littlebug. In time, once they’re old enough, if they chose to do that on their own I will respect their decision. So, if ever during the time I’m doing this meme do you feel the question is just too personal for your liking, feel free to post something else, I never want anyone to feel uncomfortable with what they share and I promise it will always be “kid-friendly”. I mean, this is a primarily children’s and young adult site, you know?

So, let’s get started!

This Weeks Question: What is the single best trip you’ve ever taken?

In high school I traveled quite a bit while singing and playing the flute. I was able to go to New York, Washington D.C., Florida, Hawaii and a few other spots. It was really such a blast, especially as a teenager with all my friends around. But none of those was as good as the trips I’ve been able to take with my husband. One in particular comes to mind almost immediately, it was just before law school and we were still debating where we were going to go. Well, the school he ended up attending offered to have us out to take a look at the school and see what we thought. It ended up being an incredibly fun trip and was pretty much the last one we were able to take just the two of us (which now sounds kind of sad).

We went to Washington D.C. and then to Virginia where the law school was! Now, I had been there before, but he hadn’t and so it was really fun being able to see it again through his eyes. One of my absolute favorite places on the journey was the US Botanic Garden. Oddly enough, I hadn’t been there before and it’s since become one of my “must see” spots to recommend to visitors. It’s just gorgeous! From every climate and variety around the world you can see all types of plants and gardens. Love! (And I’m not even all that much of an “outdoors” person.)

Some of the gorgeous flowers from the stop:

So, I’d absolutely go back in a heart beat and I definitely miss the gorgeous changing of the seasons. How about you?!

Now, your turn! Link up below and tell everyone “A Bit of You!”

Next Week’s Question: What super-power would you most like to have, and why?
Have a question to add? I’d love some suggestions! Just leave them in the comments and I’ll see about adding them in as we go!

Also, feel free to grab either of the buttons for your own “A Bit of Me(Me)” post (or create your own), but make sure to link back to There’s A Book. (You can also resize these down to a smaller size if you’d like.)

30 Responses to A Bit of Me(Me) – Where In the World…

1. I remember going to Washington as a child and the historical impression it left on me.

2. Kimberly says:

Thank you so much for sharing your trip…absolutely beautiful! Hope you’ll stop by and check out my trip to China!

3. I’ve loved my travels, even though they’ve kept me within the states…there are many beautiful destinations in our very own country!

I have made it to Canada a few times, and Mexico, once.

I REALLY want to visit Washington, D.C., and LOVE your photos of the flowers, especially. Thanks for sharing.

4. I’d love to go to Washington soe day (or anywhere in America really)

5. You know, I’ve never been to DC, but I had no idea they had such a gorgeous botanic garden…that kind of tips the scales for me! I’m a sucker for a good botanic garden, they are lovely.

6. Gwen says:

I didn’t even think of the DC trip that I took in 8th grade! That would have been my number two pick and like you, I think it would be neat to go with Art since he has never been. (sort of like how Disneyland is a whole new experience when you go with a child that has never been)

My favorite trip was the pilgrimage to Oak Park, IL to see Frank Lloyd Wright’s home and studio. The word pilgrimage might sound strange to many, but that trip created a quest for me. I want to see all the places that he had a part in creating that are still standing. That trip led to last year’s trip to Taliesin in Arizona for example.

7. MillyMarie says:

How cool that you played the flute. I did back in Middle School (it’s also my favorite instrument), but I was horrible at it. I love that your favorite trip was to D.C. or at least one of them. I loved going there when I was little on field trips. 😀 However, funny enough I actually don’t remember if we ever visited the lovely gardens. What beautiful pictures! The pineapple looks so unique!

8. Sherree says:

The best trip that I have ever gone on was actually a military move to the country “Turkey”. My oldest daughters were only 4 & 5. We went to the open market and found a new world opened up. The smells, noise, animals and the colorful people was fantastic. If I could go back , I would in a heart beat.

9. Ah, I love visiting botanical gardens all over the place! The one in Brooklyn is gorgeous too. And the ones in Japan were so fantastic. Beautiful, natural places in the middle of a city are my favorite too.

10. My favorite time in D.C. was visiting Julia Child’s Kitchen at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.

Stop by my spot to learn a little bit about my trip. Hint: It’s delicious!

~ Lauri Chandler

11. Jenni Elyse says:

That sounds like a fantastic trip. I’ve never been to Washington DC, but I’d love to go someday.

My favorite trip was to Forks, not because of the destination, but because of who I was with. It was so much fun to leave responsibility behind and just hang out for a week with my dear friends.

12. Jen says:

DC is definitely one of my top trips, but I had to go with Disney. Love it.

13. I did LOVE DC.
    It’s one of those cities you can visit time and time again.

I want to go back and see the Jefferson (where Bones’ works) and the spy museum.

My favorite trip? The Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico when I was in college (for my AA) with my Anthropology class.

• I agree on DC, you really can never run out of things to do there. There is always something else to see. I love it!

Anywhere in Mexico sounds fantastic! My hubby really wants to take me back to where he served his mission in Veracruz. One day!

14. Debbie says:

How fun! I can’t wait to participate next week.

15. Lynn says:

Oh, you pics of the US Botanic Garden make me want to go back there. My family visited Washington DC in 2009 and the Botanic Garden was one of my favorite parts 🙂 Public gardens are just the best places to visit, aren’t they?