It’s hard to believe it’s already November. Wow. How time has flown! It seems like it was only a few days ago that Turkeybird started kindergarten and instead it’s been over two months. Speaking of school and the Turkeybird, he’s loving it. I’m sure there will be bumps in the road, but my initial fears and worries have subsided. He’s thriving and loving every minute of being a kindergartner. Just last week Littlebug and I were able to go with him on his very first field trip, to a Pumpkin Patch! Sadly, my camera stopped working just as we arrived, but thank goodness for the iPhone! Ha! Here are a few fun pictures:

This is quite possibly one of my favorite pictures of Littlebug ever! I only wish I’d gotten one with Turkeybird, he was already off and on the bus by this point.

They had a giant caterpillar made out of hay bales that the kiddos all loved climbing all over. So neat!

Speaking of pictures and school…Turkeybird just got back his first ever school picture! It’s hilarious (which I can say because I’m his mom) and features his signature goofy “camera smile”, but I love it!

We also celebrated Halloween with a princess and Phineas from Phineas and Ferb.

Sadly, Turkeybird got sick and wasn’t able to go out trick-or-treating. Funny thing though, he was more upset about missing school that day then going out to get candy! I was shocked, but happy to know he’s loving school that much.

Other than being sick things have been good. I’m excited for the Fall weather to finally be here, for the holidays to be coming and for the chance we’ll have to be with family. I haven’t been doing as much reading as I like though. Do you ever find that when you’re sick you don’t feel like reading all that much? I’m hopeful that more healthy days are on the horizon and that they’ll also be filled with chilly afternoons, hot cocoa and good books.

So, what are you up to this Fall?

Tagged with →

8 Responses to Pressing the Pause Button…Fall Thoughts

1. Jamie says:

They are ADORABLE! <33 I love his little smile. Will has a camera smile (not nearly as cute as Turkeybird's) but it always makes me laugh because I'm like OMG YOU DON'T SMILE LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE. We had many talks before the wedding about how he needed to practice smiling :P

2. Suey says:

My kids have often been sick on Halloween and it’s no fun at all! And they hated missing their school’s Halloween parties. Yep. No fun.

Cute pictures all around!

3. Kristen M. says:

Still waiting to get our school pictures back but I’m not holding my breath. Z’s fake smile has gotten worse every year. :P Oh well! I hope everyone is feeling 100% again soon. It’s about time! :)

4. Tif says:

Love the fall pics!! And, I had to do a double take on Turkeybird’s school picture because the shirt looked so much like the one my son wore for Kindergarten pics!! Amazingly, the fake smiles are even similar!!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

5. PragmaticMom says:

We have been insane with soccer: 14 soccer events a week. It’s winding down this week and we are happy to get some semblance of life back but my kids are sad that there is less soccer in their lives, at least for winter.

6. OMG I LOVE this post.
    Your kiddos are SO cute.
    I love how much he’s loving school. That’s awesome awesome awesome! And what a relief for you I bet.

7. Kristen says:

I remember when mine were this small. :-) And now that my youngest is a big old fifth grader, I am still getting to goofy school pictures. I guess he may never outgrow his tendency to mug for the camera!

8. fishgirl182 says:

when i am really sick i am usually too tired to read, which sucks. it should be like reading central when i am ill, but it never is. the kids are adorable and i love turkeybird’s camera smile. happy fall!